(2) Cut out paper templates that perfectly fit the lining of your basket. (Mine are labeled “old” because they are not the final templates with the seam allowance that I use to cut the fabric pieces)
(4) Use your new templates with the seam allowance to cut out your fabric pieces. Cut two pieces for the long sides and two for the short sides.
(5) Pin the top of the four side pieces to create the finished edge by turning them down ½ inch and ½ inch again.
(6) Stitch the tops of your four pinned side pieces to create the finished edge you will see at the top of the basket.
(7) Pin the bottom piece to one of your long side pieces (right sides together of course) and sew a ½ seam.
(8) Do the same with the other side so you end up with something like this…
(9) Pin and sew one of the small side pieces to the ends of your liner. Right sides together and a ½ inch seam.
(10) Do the same with the remaining small side piece…
(12) I started by hot gluing the corners of the liner to the basket first and then ran a bead of glue along the sides.