Sunday, August 10, 2014

OATMEAL

This recipe was modified from 100daysofrealfood.com: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/12/14/recipe-oatmeal/

Ingredients
  • ⅔ cup organic 2% milk
  • ½ cup plain rolled oats (I buy the organic oats from bulk bins at Earth Fare)
  • 1 spoonful yogurt (I use Stoneyfield lowfat organic)
  • Hand full of raisins
  • Cinnamon sugar
 
      (Optional)
  • Cinnamon
  • Honey
  • Pure vanilla extract 

Instructions
  1. In a small pot over high heat warm up the milk & yogurt. *Be sure to watch it carefully, it will start to bubble fairly quickly.
  2. As soon as the milk starts to bubble drop in the oats & raisins, stir a few times, and turn the heat down to medium-low.
  3. Let the oats simmer for 2 – 3 minutes. No need to stir.
  4. Once the oats have soaked up most of the milk (here you can add vanilla, honey, cinnamon if you want - I don't use any of this) and mix.  Take off the heat and serve.
  5. I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar as I eat it. Or you can add it and mix it in before you serve.
 
You can find other recipes on my Real Food Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment