Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MOSAIC MIRROR

Mosaic Mirror Project

This was my first big mosaic project.  The design is my own, and I used 1” vitreous glass tiles.  The base of the mosaic is a round of MDF with a hole cut out of the middle.  I had a local glass place cut and mount the mirror for me when the mosaic was finished.  In hindsight, I wish I would have made sure there was more contrast between the flowers and the background (and used only the lighter tiles in the background), but for the most part I’m happy with it.

Mosaic Mirror Project - close up


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this mosaic mirror is absolutely stunning! I can't believe it's your first big project – you're incredibly talented. The design is so unique and creative; I love the beautiful floral pattern you chose. The 1" vitreous glass tiles give it such a vibrant and mesmerizing look.

    The idea of using MDF as the base with a cut-out for the mirror is genius. It adds a lovely touch of dimension and elegance to the piece. Having the local glass place cut and mount the mirror was a smart move, and it turned out perfect!

    I understand your point about the contrast, but honestly, I think the subtle blending of the flowers into the background creates a harmonious and calming effect. It's evident that you put a lot of thought and effort into this mosaic, and it has paid off brilliantly.

    You should be proud of yourself for creating such a captivating work of art. I can't wait to see more of your future projects. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete