Thursday, February 2, 2012

SHADOW BOX - COPPER JEWELRY

Shadow Box Copper Jewelry

Copper Jewelry in shadow boxes. This idea came from wall art my Mom and I saw while on a tour of homes.  They had framed a vintage beaded purse in a shadow box.  It made me realize you can put anything in a shadow box and make it art.  I went home and started to play around with the idea.  I love all things copper, and found lots of options after doing a simple search for ‘copper’ on ebay.  I came across the copper jewelry and bid on a few pieces for my project.

These shadow boxes are barn-wood purchased from a local craft store.  The mats were purchased white, then painted with a dark green acrylic paint and just a wisp of metallic copper spray paint.  The backing came with the shadow boxes and were covered with pieces of faux suede fabric.  I used stacked triangles of foam board (behind the mat boards in the corners) to make the mat the height (depth) that I wanted.
Shadow Box Copper Jewelry

Shadow Box Copper Jewelry



No comments:

Post a Comment