Friday, January 20, 2012

CLIP RING BOX PLEAT VALENCE

Clip Ring Box Pleat Valence

Turn any flat rod-pocket valance into a 'tailored-look' box pleated valence with clip rings. The pleats are not sewn, they are held in place by the clip rings themselves. Make as many pleats as the width of your valence permits.  The time consuming part is measuring and spacing the pleats.  For the box pleat look you will need two clip rings per pleat.  Special thanks to my friend Heather for allowing me to play decorator in her house!  Here's a close up...

Clip Ring Box Pleat Valence - Close Up

Also made a pillow with leftover fabric...

Pillow


If you like this idea, check out another option in my CLIP RING PLEATED VALENCE post.  (same idea - just small pleats with a single clip instead of box pleats)



2 comments:

  1. I know this is a super old, you may never see this,but long live Pinterest. Clip Rings. So easy. Brilliant. I can actually do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I agree, Pinterest is a wonderful source for information! It's helped me find ideas/advice on my own projects. I'm a casual blogger so I don't get a lot of feedback from visitors. Your comment made me smile :o)

    I use clip rings a lot. Most recently I put them on standard curtains in front of sliding glass doors so that they can open and close easily. (It seemed silly to struggle with the shirred curtain on the rod that was here when we moved in - now they are effortless to open and close).

    ReplyDelete